Wednesday, April 5, 2017

After I finished the cover page, I was ready to knock out the rest of the magazine. When I was taking pictures of Gabi, we took the cutest picture of her with a powdered donut. I had the idea to use the donut because  I felt as though the powder resembles snow. Along with the donut, she was also holding a coffee cup to add an aspect that a warm drink means that it's cold out. Because I loved this picture so much, I knew that I needed to use it. I thought that a great place for this would be on the page before the table of contents. I erased the background of the picture and placed it on a white background. I then added text over the picture foreshadowing one of the articles featured in the magazine. Going on to the table of contents, I wanted it to be simple, but to also grasp the Christmas elements. I placed a green text box at the top of the page with red writing to capture this. Underneath, I placed a list of the page number in a Christmas font and used a red swigged line as a border from the content of the pages. Now moving on to my two page spread: The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide. I wanted this to have a scrapbook feel, so I took several pictures of items and cropped out the background. I then placed them around the pages surrounded my text and smaller images. I was beyond happy with the result! After I finished, I created my CCR by using a voiceover while demonstrating on my laptop. 

Can't believe I only have one more post left! :((

No comments:

Post a Comment