Monday, March 20, 2017

   As I said in an earlier post, Seventeen Magazine has the most influence for my spread. Similarly to Seventeen, I aim to have my magazine be an outlet for teens to rely on when going through exciting events, conquering major milestones, and everything in between.

I decided to examine both the content and design of Seventeen and here are some reoccurring details of the cover page, two- page layout, and content!

Cover Layout:
  • Mostly only one individual, but at times has two or three
  • Backgrounds are colorful and bright
  • Plain colored backgrounds 
  • White backgrounds are the most frequent
  • Sometimes the backgrounds are of faded scenery
  • Mainly females on the cover
  • Bold title font
  • Many headlines on cover 
  • The headline fonts and colors differ 
I love how the center focus is on the model of the cover, but I am not a fan of the scattered writing. I would like my cover to be as minimalistic as possible.


Two page layout:
  • The design seems to resemble a scrapbook
  • A lot going on
  • Collage-like format
  • Colorful
  • Not a set layout in every issue
  • Extremely diverse
I enjoy the scrapbook feel of the spread, but I would like mine to be more organized.


Content:
  • Style, fashion, and beauty
  • College 
  • Careers
  • Celebrities
  • Love
  • Health and fitness
  • relationships with friends and guys
  • Personality quizzes
  • Music and film
  • Trends
  • Etc.
I want all of the above content to be featured in our magazine, but I'm still undecided on what the focus of my spread should be.

Works Cited
Abidor, Jen. "Zendaya Isn't Here For Social Media Haters: "If I Like It, I Like It"." Seventeen. N.p., 08 Sept. 2016. Web. 20 Mar. 2017. <http://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/news/a42695/our-social-media-issue-cover-star-has-some-pretty-big-goals/>. 
Devoe, Noelle, Hannah Orenstein, Alyssa Bailey, Kaitlin Menza, Kayleigh Roberts, Danielle Tullo, Brooke Shunatona, and Eliza Thompson. "Noelle Devoe." Seventeen. N.p., 25 Mar. 2017. Web. 20 Mar. 2017. <http://www.seventeen.com/>.



No comments:

Post a Comment