Monday, March 27, 2017

      My group and I finally agreed on our cover page layout! We want it to be minimalistic, but still appealing for our target audience. We are thrilled with The title of our magazine, Relatable. This title will be on the top middle of the spread and in large bold font. We really wanted it to stand out and be clear for the audience to view. As a group, we chose to have the title of our magazine in different colors for each spread. The colors will relate to each individual issue. Because I am doing the winter issue, I am most likely going to do a blue or white text with possibly a black border to make the word Relatable pop. For the cover art of my magazine, I have a couple ideas that my friend Gabi will portray. She has really bright blue eyes so I want to incorporate them into the winter issue to add a cool hue. Focusing on her eyes may be a great, bold, minimalistic way to convey what I want my readers to grasp. Unlike some magazines such as Tiger beat, we would rather not have so many different elements taking away from the focus of the bold image. I will have only a few headlines on the cover, foreshadowing the content and will be inside of the issue. These headlines will be in a small font, but still legible enough for the readers to view easily and will be in the same color as the main title, but just in a little lighter or darker shade which I haven't figured out yet. I also want to have a barcode on the bottom corner of the issue  resembling a magazine that can be picked up in stores, because if Relatable were to be published, I would want it to have the ability to be bought by consumers. I feel much better having that focus on what I want to do, so my main goal for the next couple of days is to knock out the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment