Sunday, March 12, 2017

“I think the foremost quality – there’s no success without it – is really loving what you do. If you love it, you do it well, and there’s no success if you don’t do well what you’re working at.” -Malcolm Forbes

     Yesterday, my group members and I decided to make a Teen Lifestyle magazine. I am extremely happy with this choice because this was the genre I was secretly hoping for!  We decided to choose this genre because it was the most interesting to us, and as Malcolm Forbes explained, you will be more successful at work if you enjoy it. 

We decided against a food magazine for several reasons. After plenty of research, we found out that it is extremely hard to take a perfect picture of food. It is necessary to have the right lighting, props, fast capture, proper editing, angles, and more! As said by The Serious Eats Team, “Taking great photographs of food is a hard-earned skill.” Another reason why we drifted way from food was because of the limited amount of diverse items we can include. It seems as though all food magazines include the same contents, and that is because there is nothing else to write about. On the other hand,  a teen lifestyle magazine gives a large basis to multiple ideas for our spread.We are super excited that the context of the magazine relates to us because we are teen girls, so we are giving our magazine the name "Relatable"!

BTW: When I told my mom that I was creating blog she was ecstatic since she wrote a bog when she was a teenager! With my mom's support, I know I am going to kill this project!




Works Cited
"Malcolm Forbes Quote." A-Z Quotes. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2017. <http://www.azquotes.com/quote/553713>.
Team, The Serious Eats. "The Serious Eats Guide to Food Photography." Serious Eats. N.p., 04 Mar. 2015. Web. 12 Mar. 2017. <http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/03/beginners-guide-to-food-photography.html>.



No comments:

Post a Comment